ESC
Web of Science
Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues Open Access Q1
Scopus - coverage starting with 2017 material
Received: 2019-12-10  |  Accepted: 2020-07-15  |  Published: 2020-09-30

Title

Determinant of regional development bank efficiency for their sustainability issues


Abstract

Banking efficiency is the main factor that needs to be considered in creating banking competitiveness. This study aims to determine the efficiency of the Regional Development Banks (RDBs) in Indonesia. There are around 26 RDBs throughout Indonesia, however, due to the completeness of the data as the main criteria of this purposive sampling research, this study includes 19 RDBs in observations. This study adopts a quantitative analysis with multiple regressions. There are only 2 variables that significantly affect efficiency, namely the Operational Cost to Operational Income (OCOI) variable and the Loan to Deposit Ratio (LDR) variable, and the other variables do not have any significant effects on the efficiency. In general, the dependent variable can be explained simultaneously by the independent variables around 95%, and the remaining 5% is explained by other variables outside the model. Since only 7 RDBs are efficient, then it is necessary for the management of those banks to do hard effort to maintain efficiency and keep on as sustainable banking in this competitiveness era.


Keywords

efficiency, regional development banks, operational cost to operational income, loan to deposit ratio


JEL classifications

G20 , G21 , H21


URI

http://jssidoi.org/jesi/article/676


DOI


Pages

1133-1145


Funding


This is an open access issue and all published articles are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License

Authors

Nidar, Sulaeman Rahman
Padjadjaran University, Sumedang, Indonesia http://www.unpad.ac.id
Articles by this author in: CrossRef |  Google Scholar

Anwar, Mokhamad
Padjadjaran University, Sumedang, Indonesia http://www.unpad.ac.id
Articles by this author in: CrossRef |  Google Scholar

Komara, Ratna
Padjadjaran University, Sumedang, Indonesia http://www.unpad.ac.id
Articles by this author in: CrossRef |  Google Scholar

Layyinaturrobaniyah, Layyinaturrobaniyah
Padjadjaran University, Sumedang, Indonesia http://www.unpad.ac.id
Articles by this author in: CrossRef |  Google Scholar

Journal title

Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues

Volume

8


Number

1


Issue date

September 2020


Issue DOI


ISSN

ISSN 2345-0282 (online)


Publisher

VšĮ Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, Vilnius, Lithuania

Cited

Google Scholar

Article views & downloads

HTML views: 216  |  PDF downloads: 125

References